The Calverts Court is a Wetherspoon pub in Stockport offering a range of real ales, craft beers and freshly ground Lavazza coffee.
Long-since demolished, Calvert’s Court stood immediately behind this Wetherspoon pub. It was here that the Calvert family ran a cabinet-making firm and kept the Beehive Inn.
From 1864 to 1910, the name of Calvert was linked with St Petersgate and this Wetherspoon site. In 1891, W & J Calvert (cabinet-makers) occupied numbers 13 and 15, while Sarah Calvert occupied number 17 as a beer retailer. In 1910, a Calvert’s Court is listed, with 15–19 occupied by Calvert’s cabinet-makers.
- Disabled Access
This page was last updated on 1st November 2017. For latest prices and opening times please consult the The Calverts Court website.